Think about your favourite date night makeup look. Maybe it was the two-toned lip you tried to game-night or the gleaming bronze eye-shadow you wore on a coffee date with your now-fiancee. Beauty has a way of intersecting with romantic memories, which makes spending time over creating an off-beat and striking Valentine’s day makeup look, a lot more special.
When it comes to creating a date-night make-up look, there isn't a one-size that fits all concept. Some people like to go bold, some play around with soft pastels and nudes, while others simply take their daily makeup routine and turn it up a notch higher. So for Valentine’s day 2021, we put together some simple, yet glamorous beauty inspirations to help you navigate the date-night scene with ease!
Lips don't Lie
There’s nothing more classic than a cherry red lip, and it does well with smooth, mattified skin. Why do we love it? It screams cheerfulness and confidence and that’s exactly what you need to fire up your Valentine’s makeup look. Kiro’s Non Stop Airy Matte Liquid Lip features a playful shade card with Fiery Red for a striking pout, a Terra Red to add some coolness to the warm tones, or a beautiful Scarlet Poppy that’s every bit flirty and fun. Don't forget to swipe on some bronzer and brush up your brows. Pair your lip make-up with some cool colour-blocking - think backless or flouncy crop tops or a satin dress to accentuate the bold colour.
Eyes on the Prize
For your Valentine's Day Eye makeup, add a bold twist to a classic look. The
But if you want to add a dash of cool to your date night makeup, the upside-down eye makeup continues to be a popular trend. Add pop to your look using a contrasting bright eyeliner and sweep it under the eye. Even a bright gold eyeshadow like the Kiro Longwear Brightening Eye Shadow Stick in Nude Pearl and Sandy Copper will make your whole eye look brighter. It’s fun and expected.
Add a Valentine’s day flush to your cheeks
Who doesn't love a warm glow? If you’d like to tone down your face makeup and stick to the basics, a beautiful glowy skin and a glossy pout is a great combination. All you need is Kiro’s Highlighter Duo Prism perfect in Sandy Rose for a pearly bronzed look. And if you are aiming for a more ethereal vibe, such as the ‘peachy glow’, swipe the Glow on Blush Duo in Classic Coral or Cool Cinnamon on your cheeks and dab a little on your eyelids too. This look ends up being shimmery and minimal, and goes very well with silver, gold or pearl accessories.
Do's and Don'ts on a Date Night
While you have fun with your makeup adventures, we’ve listed out a few tips and tricks that should help you slide into his DMs for a long, long time!
- While you pick a long-wear lipstick, don't forget to use a primer and set your face completely. You don't want to keep running to the powder room for regular touch ups!
- Skip the foundation and go-easy with a tinted moisturiser. It’s light, easy and you wouldn't have to worry about it being cake-y or patchy.
- Skip the glitter for some beautiful shimmer. It gives you a less amateur look and adds oodles of sultry to your eye-makeup.
- Go big with your lashes! Nothing elevates your look better than voluminous lashes - they are perfect for a first date and will open up your eyes without looking heavy.
- It’s a cliche, but make sure your lips are well hydrated and kissably smooth. Use a lip balm when prepping, so your lips don't look or feel dry.
Lastly, don’t miss out on Kiro’s special Valentine’s Day offers if you’re on the hunt for playful makeup that is also great for your skin. Remember that less in more, and makeup shouldn't be to cover up your flaws but be an expression of who you are.